I was lucky to work with the new FAIRY collection this week by Scrap Collections. On the ELEMENT sheet is the cutest little open Fairytale book. This is cute way to create an interesting element on your layout.
If you don't have paper like this, you can find images on google, HERE , Just copy and print and use
1. Cut out SMALL OPEN booklet. Using additional cardstock, cut out two more shapes the same size.
2. Fold in half to find centre. Using your molding mat, roll the back of the booklet sides so they are raised.
3. Adhere centre of booklet flat and middles raised with foam, sides flat again. Stack all three layers. Roll top right and bottom left corners.
4. Create a tassel and add to middle. (as per below)
1. Cut a small template from a scrap of cardstock about 5cm deep and 8cm wide.
2. Cut a slit as per example
3. Tie string around a few times to get the body of your Tassel.
4. Cut two smaller pieces of string and tuck one under the top section and tie a knot (hanging off piece).
5. Tie another around the gap you have a few times and tie a knot. This ties the middle of the tassle.
6. Cut off bottom section and neaten to create a tassel.
I hope these have inspired you to create some fun layouts with mini booklet.